Perhaps it may turn out a sang,
Perhaps turn out a sermon.

-- R. Burns Epistle to a Young Friend

Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Climbing the Rough Side?



You have been asking for peace and comfort.  But you do not understand that you have been led to the brink of the fountain, and are refusing to drink.  Peace and comfort can be found nowhere except in simple obedience.  So be faithful in obeying even when you do not understand, and you will soon find that the rivers of living water will flow as God promised.  You will receive according to the measure of your faith:  much, if you believe much; nothing, if you believe nothing and continue to listen to your own restless thoughts.  Fénelon (emphasis, mine)

Do not fear what you are about to suffer. Behold, the devil is about to throw some of you into prison, that you may be tested, and for ten days you will have tribulation. Be faithful unto death, and I will give you the crown of life. – Revelation 2:10

The Lord is near to the brokenhearted and saves the crushed in spirit. – Psalm 34:18

When my soul was embittered, when I was pricked in heart, I was brutish and ignorant; I was like a beast toward you.  Nevertheless, I am continually with you; you hold my right hand.  You guide me with your counsel, and afterward you will receive me to glory. – Psalm 73:21-24

2 comments:

robinstarfish said...

Phrases to paint about the door jambs.

mushroom said...

At least put 'em on refrigerator magnets.