Perhaps it may turn out a sang,
Perhaps turn out a sermon.

-- R. Burns Epistle to a Young Friend

Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Bookmark This for a Bad Day

Watch a DC shoe commercial shoot, and feel better 

Stay at least long enough to see what they do with the crane.  There are a couple of out-takes in the credits.  I wish I could say I used to ride like this guy, but I never did nor could.  Bikes are a lot better than they used to be, sure enough, but the riders these days are just incredible. 

5 comments:

John Lien said...

PHIZZICS RULZ!

That was good. Simply amazing what the best humans can accomplish. So, I'm watching this guy get up, maybe 30 feet in the air and am thinking why doesn't he squash like a pancake? It isn't just the bike suspension. Then it hits me. It's the landing ramp. The shape allows for vertical decleration so that he doesn't get killed.

I suppose, given a long enough ramp
shaped like the one in the crane stunt, you could be dropped from a plane and be OK if you hit the ramp right.

Regarding the crane stunt. That guy is fearless, or knows his physics, or both.

mushroom said...

Right. It just looks impossible. You think with a regular jump you have the forward momentum to work with, but that's all downhill.

Rick said...

That is so well done.
Love the soundtrack too --like spagetti western meets Book of Eli.
I miss the bike.

Rick said...

For some reason reminds of this. The ending to a charming movie (I bet you'd enjoy) called The Fall.

mushroom said...

The music is good. The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly is what it reminded me of, too.

I have to find The Fall and watch it.