Perhaps it may turn out a sang,
Perhaps turn out a sermon.

-- R. Burns Epistle to a Young Friend

Friday, October 11, 2013

A Sheep Looks Up



The Lord is my shepherd; I shall not want.

He makes me lie down in green pastures.

He leads me beside still waters.

He restores my soul.

He leads me in paths of righteousness

for his name's sake.

Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death,  

I will fear no evil,

for you are with me;

your rod and your staff,

they comfort me.

You prepare a table before me

in the presence of my enemies;

you anoint my head with oil;

my cup overflows.

Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me

all the days of my life,

and I shall dwell in the house of the Lord

forever.  – Psalm 23

Father, I know that You are leading and guiding me according to Your wisdom, righteousness and Your perfect will.  

By Your merciful love, You provide me with all that I need.

Your way leads me to those places and circumstances where provision is abundant.

You offer me a constant source of refreshing, restoration, and peace.

You recreate my inner being so that I may walk uprightly before You and bring honor to Your Name.

Even in the darkest times in my life, in suffering and confusion, I need not be afraid.  You will always be beside me, comforting, protecting, instructing, and correcting me by Your Spirit and Your Truth.

You are not ashamed to be seen as my Benefactor and True Friend.  You lift me up while those who hate us look on and acknowledge me as one in covenant and communion with You.  You fill me with the Spirit so that my words and actions flow out of Your own heart.

Your infinite goodness and everlasting mercy will follow after me like wise and faithful servants as long as I walk upon this earth, that I might find my way at last to Your eternal dwelling place where I will remain in Your presence forever.

Thank You.

No comments: