Perhaps it may turn out a sang,
Perhaps turn out a sermon.

-- R. Burns Epistle to a Young Friend

Monday, August 12, 2013

Another Day in the Minds

It looked so good starting out then everything fell apart.  We were able to resolve, revise and revive most of what needed to be done. I've been working in a different area for the last year or so, and it has taken that long for me to build links to people who can answer questions for me.  Technical ability is of very limited value when one does not know what he is doing. 

The key to making a database useful is an understanding of the data that goes into it.  Some of that I could transfer from the old system, but what I do now requires a broadening of knowledge.  Anyway, that's why I didn't get a post put together. 

What was on my mind over the weekend was Leviticus 26:14-18.  God told Israel that if they refused to obey, He would reject them.  They would be filled with fear:  ... you will flee even though no one is pursuing you. 

I think we as individuals ought to be mostly free of anxiety.  As a nation that exalts and glorifies, wallows in unrighteousness, I think we ought to be afraid.  There is plenty of fear, but it is of the wrong things.  I believe it was D.L. Moody who said what was needed were men who "fear nothing but God, hate nothing but sin, and know nothing but Jesus". 

Get right; go on.  That's all we need to do. 

No comments: