Perhaps it may turn out a sang,
Perhaps turn out a sermon.

-- R. Burns Epistle to a Young Friend

Thursday, April 18, 2013

Starman's Lullaby

The road does not go ever on
Here beneath this yellow sun
It's a dance that soon is done
But it's not the only one

I knew a girl with golden hair
Who kissed me sitting on a Frigidaire
We were in love but I was young
I did not know it could come undone

There are worlds where we still love
Bright and hot as the stars above
With so much cold space between
Filling the darkness I have seen

Now I wander 'til the light is green
Sealed in a suit of might have been
Sins so many, chances few
Hoping for a changing hue

I met a man in my blackest night
With his heart he could split the light
Gave me a beam to take me home
To the golden sun from which it shone

This is where I fall asleep
Her eyes catch me from the deep
A new and holy kiss we share
Forever goes for ever there

No comments: