Perhaps it may turn out a sang,
Perhaps turn out a sermon.

-- R. Burns Epistle to a Young Friend

Sunday, May 3, 2009

Meditation: The Price Was Paid

Father, You remember that Jesus was despised and rejected.
Love and accept me.
Father, You remember that Jesus was a Man of sorrows.
Fill me with joy.
Father, You remember how we turned away and hid our faces from Jesus.
Turn not Your face from us.
Father, You remember that Jesus was wounded for my transgressions, bruised for my iniquities.
Forgive me.
Father, You remember that Jesus was chastised, beaten.
Give me Your peace.
Father, You remember that Jesus was whipped, His flesh torn and striped.
Heal me.
Father, You remember that Jesus cried out, "Why have You forsaken Me?"
Abide in me by Your Spirit.

The Lord did not suffer in vain. Let me lack nothing for which He has paid.

What He has provided, receive.

No comments: