Perhaps it may turn out a sang,
Perhaps turn out a sermon.

-- R. Burns Epistle to a Young Friend

Monday, February 24, 2014

Note

My time off ended on a sour note.  All of Friday night and Saturday were spent in the hospital.  Had to take my wife to the ER because she was scaring me.  Turns out to be (probably) viral meningitis.

That's a reassuring diagnosis compared to thinking at least one of us had completely lost our minds.  I hate to say this, but I was almost happy when I had an objective third party confirm they could not understand her.  I never suspected that incoherence was a symptom of meningitis.

Anyway, though I am back at work, I'm still not back on schedule.  I'll be pulling double shifts until the doctors release her from the hospital.  I can usually handle everything by myself, but this is one of the times it would be nice to have younger family members available to sit around with her during the day while I get some work done and spell me at night.  We used to have relationships at church that would result in visits to occupy the time in situations like this.  Not these days.  Everything gets done on Fakebook.  The closest pastor I would bother to call is seven hours away.  We do have an old friend who lives a few blocks from the hospital, but she is in her eighties and recently had to give up her big red Buick.

Being a loner is great ninety-nine percent of the time.  The other one percent or so can be unhandy. 

13 comments:

John Lien said...

Sorry to hear about that. I'll be praying extra for y'all.



(Also, If I +1ed or recommended this or some other social media nonsense it is because I just got a nook tablet and I had a fat finger event.)

julie said...

Yes, I'll be praying, too. I hope she has a swift recovery!

mushroom said...

I really appreciate it.

USS Ben USN (Ret) said...

I hope and pray your wife gets better soon, Mushroom.

Rick said...

Jeepers, had to bring my wife to the ER last Saturday. She's been having bad headaches for quite some time. Seems to be this sinus thing called Concha Bullosa. At least we know what it is now. Next step, surgery. I think.

Prayers for your wife and our Mush.

julie said...

Prayers for your wife, too, Rick. Sinus infections can be terrible; I hope she finds relief soon.

Rick said...

Thank you, Julie.

mushroom said...

Thanks, everyone. She is back home tonight. I believe your prayers were of benefit.

So now we'll be praying for Rick's wife.

Again, thank you so much.

Rick said...

That's great news. And thanks, Mush.

John Lien said...

That's good to hear, Mush.

Praying for you and your wife as well, Rick.

Rick said...

Many thanks, John.

Rick said...

Well, you guys and gal are some really good prayers!
My wife had that surgery this past Friday in her shnozal passages and she hasn't had a headache since.
So thanks!
Also, whatacountry.

julie said...

That's great news, Rick!