Perhaps it may turn out a sang,
Perhaps turn out a sermon.

-- R. Burns Epistle to a Young Friend

Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Happy Wednesday

I'm away from my computer today, tomorrow and Friday, so I'm just posting some random verses and quotes.  I hope everybody has a good week.

It is better to leave a vessel unfilled, than to attempt to carry it when it is full. If you keep feeling a point that has been sharpened, the point cannot long preserve its sharpness. -- Tao Te King

Who has woe? Who has sorrow?
Who has strife? Who has complaining?
Who has wounds without cause?
Who has redness of eyes?
Those who tarry long over wine;
those who go to try mixed wine.
Do not look at wine when it is red,
when it sparkles in the cup
and goes down smoothly.
In the end it bites like a serpent
and stings like an adder.
Your eyes will see strange things,
and your heart utter perverse things.
You will be like one who lies down in the midst of the sea,
like one who lies on the top of a mast.
“They struck me,” you will say, “but I was not hurt;
they beat me, but I did not feel it.
When shall I awake?
I must have another drink.”
 -- Proverbs 23:29-35

I think I have that t-shirt.

Yama replied: I know well that fire which leads to the realm of heaven.  I shall tell it to thee.  Listen to me.  Know, O Nachiketas, that this is the means of attaining endless worlds and their support.  It is hidden in the heart of all beings. -- from the Upanishads

No comments: