Perhaps it may turn out a sang,
Perhaps turn out a sermon.

-- R. Burns Epistle to a Young Friend

Monday, June 20, 2011

These Are the Voyages of the Starship Enterprise

This is not exactly what I had in mind when I set out to get a new bike. I heard a guy say, "Happy wife; happy life". We'll see. My nephew was shocked when I rode it over to his place, our first extended ride, about 50 miles each way. I wish I could have taken a better picture. It does look stylish -- in an interstellar spacecraft kind of way. 1736 cc's which translates to 106 cubic inches of displacement. You may be able to faintly see the 106 on the side of the engine in the picture. Heated seats, heated grips, cruise, ABS brakes, stereo with radio and an MP3 connection. 900 pounds with fuel, I don't know if you could call it nimble for its size or just not lumbering. Part of the problem will be me for a while. About half the ride Saturday was over twisty two-lanes, and when I got back I could tell I hadn't ridden for, lo, these many years. We'll get used to it I suppose.

3 comments:

robinstarfish said...

It does look rather Storm Trooperish. You just have to wear the helmet; there's no getting around it.

mushroom said...

You're right. A full-face would be ideal, but I could not find one that would go over my fat head. My wife got a silver one to match the bike.
They gave me a half that matches her color. I have to go with a Triple-XL (XXXL) in a three-quarters, but I can squeeze into a Double-XL (XXL) in a half.

Rick said...

Half of Spock would be proud. And you know which half I'm talking about.
:-)
Kirk phones-in to say he likes the heated seats. Sweet ride, indeed. God bless, ya. All three of you.
Happy trails.
Kirk-out.