Perhaps it may turn out a sang,
Perhaps turn out a sermon.

-- R. Burns Epistle to a Young Friend

Friday, June 26, 2009

I could have done quite well without the trouble

Sooo … we meet again.

Last week my hard drive physically died of the sickness whereof it was sick. This week, just as I was getting on track to wrap some stuff up and take off a couple of days, my software started acting bizarre. Another day was wasted re-imaging my new hard drive, and then I lost more time because, of course, the re-image has less than half the applications that I need to do the things I do. I cancelled my mini-vacation, and, as a consolation, stayed up the next three nights until the small, dark hours rebuilding and recovering while trying to beat the drop-dead delivery dates. By last night I only had to stay up until 11:30. This is progress.

Perhaps I will now be able to get back to my regular schedule of posting and, more importantly, cruising around to read the musings of my fellows posters in the coon-0-sphere. In any case, it is good to be back to more or less normal, at least for today.

1 comment:

Rick said...

Love this title, Mushroom :-) Reminds me of that lyric from Hee Haw: “If it weren’t for bad luck I’d have no luck at all…”
I feel your hard drive pain. My home computer is still not right after stripping it down to bare metal. Getting the blue-screen-of-death every so often. I think its over-heating or there are some bad sectors on it. Well…at least we know SkyNet hasn’t taken over yet. Otherwise it would have fixed itself. This hunk-o-junk jalopy’s gonna take over the world? Please… It can’t even get otta the gate.