Perhaps it may turn out a sang,
Perhaps turn out a sermon.

-- R. Burns Epistle to a Young Friend

Thursday, June 9, 2016

Verse of the Day -- Thursday, June 9, 2016



Let the word of Christ dwell in you richly, teaching and admonishing one another in all wisdom, singing psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, with thankfulness in your hearts to God. -- Colossians 3:16


It is possible to have the word of Christ dwell in us poorly and foolishly.  I have been guilty. 

Thankfulness is essential.  The key to thankfulness is humility.  If I am not filled with gratitude, I know that pride has the upper hand in my life.  


I would like to get back on track with weekday postings because they are good for me.  I won't be able to tomorrow, but I hope starting Monday to at least do a VOTD post during the work week.  It makes my day go better to spend a few minutes wrestling with a passage of Scripture or a related work.  Have a good weekend. 

No comments: