Perhaps it may turn out a sang,
Perhaps turn out a sermon.

-- R. Burns Epistle to a Young Friend

Wednesday, September 17, 2014

Encouraging Words



I will seek the lost, and I will bring back the strayed, and I will bind up the injured, and I will strengthen the weak, and the fat and the strong I will destroy. I will feed them in justice.  -- Ezekiel 34:16


 I am not having a bad week, but I am tired.  We had some rather large shrubs my wife wanted moved.  It’s a lot of digging if they are supposed to survive.  Last year sometime, I had an eight-inch maple broken by high wind.  Though I’d cleaned up the mess, I had left a three-foot tall stump.  Night before last, I dug that out.  That was a lot of digging and chopping.  No more maples.  And then, last night, more pruning and limb-hauling.  My shoulders, arms and hands hurt.  You’d think I was sixty years old. 

So, with working on a fairly complex fix for some software and writing a relatively long (for me) piece on the other site, I’m pretty well fried.  

This is our verse of the day.  I think it is encouraging, and I need encouragement more than I need to type.  Manana.

2 comments:

Rick said...

Well, I'm 49 + exhausted and you have double my output. At least. If someone told me I was 60, I'd say, "I knew it..."

USS Ben USN (Ret) said...

That's a lot of work. And I thought cutting blackberry brambles back was tough.
I need to get a weedeater, cause these things grow fast.

There is some satisfaction knowin' I won this battle, but my muscles don't feel like celebratin'. :)