Perhaps it may turn out a sang,
Perhaps turn out a sermon.

-- R. Burns Epistle to a Young Friend

Monday, May 19, 2014

This Is Monday



You have wearied the LORD with your words. But you say, How have we wearied him? By saying, Everyone who does evil is good in the sight of the LORD, and he delights in them. Or by asking, Where is the God of justice?  --Malachi 2:17


This is one of those days when I don’t feel like doing anything.  I’ve always been lazy.  I always liked to play but not work.  These days even playing is sometimes too much trouble, although, if I had a good excuse to take off on the Enterprise this afternoon, I might rally enough for that.

What reminded me of Malachi was this case of things I do not need to know via Breitbart.  As you all know, I love animated movies, but I have not seen How to Train Your Dragon, and it had not been on my list of films I need to get.  It’s still not.  This is from the link Big Hollywood had to thewrap.com:

“When we were recording Craig Ferguson, I had written the line, ‘This is why I never got married,’ and he, as he often does, added it as an ad lib and he said, ‘Yup, Gobber is coming out of the closet,'” DeBlois said. “I think that's a really fun [and] daring move to put in. I love the idea that Gobber is Berk's resident gay.” 

I'm sure that DeBlois' attitude delighted the Lord.  How impressed God must be that children are being indoctrinated to find the "fun" in sodomy.  DeBlois would probably find a prison gang rape is just hilarious.  We’ll put aside for a moment the silliness of calling something “daring” that is celebrated on prime time television, not to mention the endless coverage of swishy Michael Sam kissing another swishy little homo.  

I wouldn’t have any problem with Ferguson saying what he did as a joke, even in an animated movie aimed at ‘tweeners and up.  Guys begin very early to ridicule and mock one another.  We ought to be able to ridicule people like Michael Sam because they are ridiculous and pathetic.  Having not seen the movie, I am going to guess, from the looks of the still of Gobber, that he is a comedic character.  To hint that this strong, tough-looking Viking has a touch of the effeminate as a comic twist could be funny, though I think "coming out of the closet" is kind of flat.  

What I find worthy of derision is this idea that homosexuals should be represented in movies, television, literature, politics, businesses, etc.  What about people who practice polygamy?  What about incest?  Isn't that in Game of Thrones? I think some cable television show has already featured a psychopathic murderer as the hero.  Let's see, we've had The Sopranos and Breaking Bad and God only knows what all else.  That's how you make interesting stories in some cases.  You don't just stick characters in to fill a quota. 

What I find loathsome is the attitude that homosexuality is somehow ennobling and better than NORMAL sexuality.  Homosexuality is just one strand in the rope that is being braided to hang us.  Everything that is normal, sensible, and especially moral and righteous is being attacked as bigoted and sick, while immorality, debauchery, ignorance, and deception are exalted.  A woman killing her baby is brave and righteous.  A married, stay-at-home mother is denounced as a traitor to feminism.  God forbid that parents should sacrifice to send their children to private and religious schools and reject the important socialization gained from going to a “diverse” public school where the girls can be raped on the bus and the boys appropriately feminized.   

Where is the God of justice?  He has this little thing called the laws of the harvest.  You reap what you sow.  You reap later than you sow.  You reap more than you sow.  Sow the wind; reap the whirlwind

2 comments:

John Lien said...

I'll be happy when this phase of normalizing homosexuality is past. My only fear is, what will replace it?

And we descend ever downward.

Yes, laws of the harvest. Probably lost on most folks in modern society.

mushroom said...

I would like to hope that we are pretty close to the bottom of the cycle, and things go up from here.

Otherwise, you have Harry Reid talking a constitutional amendment to limit free speech, which would also limit religious liberty.

They like their oligarchy, and they are going to do everything they can to keep their oligarchy.

That's not party specific.