Perhaps it may turn out a sang,
Perhaps turn out a sermon.

-- R. Burns Epistle to a Young Friend

Sunday, March 11, 2012

Bilbo Meets Hitler

Via First Things, we have Tolkien's smackdown of Nazi anti-semitism.
This is very much the equivalent of Breitbart's "So?", and both should tell us how we are to respond to the tyranny that seems to be gaining an upper hand in this country. 

I am not ashamed of who I am or what I believe.  If I say something that offends someone, it might be because I am a rude boor, but it could also be because I was telling the truth.  In fact, outside of rappers, Democrat politicians, Hollywood celebrities, and others with no self-control, the latter is a virtual certainty. 

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Speaking of Hitler and the applied politics of right-wing Christians in the USA, I quite like the understanding of what is happening given in this essay (and website).

www.tpjmagazine.us/adams29

Rick said...

Good smack-down.

mushroom said...

Yes, Anon, that's exactly what the left's progressive religion is. It gets cloaked in the language of Christianity, but it is an excuse for tyranny.

I should note that I raise a lot of ire on a certain "conservative" forum because I think the social conservatism is generally wrong. The government should interfere with my life and liberty and yours just as little as possible. Government should not be picking winners and losers in the economic or social spheres. Small and weak is the way we like government.