Perhaps it may turn out a sang,
Perhaps turn out a sermon.

-- R. Burns Epistle to a Young Friend

Monday, October 10, 2011

A Week of Paint and Pain

It was just a few years ago that I painted all the ceilings in this house, painted all the walls, did the tile and trim.  I remember my hands hurting from nailing all the hardi-backer boards for the tile.  I do not remember pain like this in my knee and shoulders -- and this time all I have done so far is paint about about a thousand square feet of ceiling and the kitchen walls.  And I took down the border in the kitchen which was a lot of work, but still I am obviously getting old. 

Anyway, I won't be online much.  I will be busy "enjoying" my "vacation". 

I am reminded of the story our old friend Wilbur used to tell about a coon hunt.  It was Wilbur's turn to climb the tree.  He was up pretty high, he thought, when he spotted the raccoon clinging to the end of what looked like a mighty skinny branch.  He called down to the boys on the ground that he could see the quarry. 

"What are you waitin' for?  Go out and shake 'im loose." 

Wilbur looked at the limb for a minute and hollered, "What if I fall?"

After a brief pause the reply came back, "We'll tell 'em you went for a good cause."

2 comments:

John Lien said...

Your "vacations" sound a lot like my "vacations".

Rick said...

I feel your paint.