Perhaps it may turn out a sang,
Perhaps turn out a sermon.

-- R. Burns Epistle to a Young Friend

Friday, August 27, 2010

Note to the EPA -- Give Me Back My Bullets -- UPDATE! EPA shooting blanks!

So, from the Washington Times:
Late Friday, the Environmental Protection Agency added another victory to the list as it shot down an attempt to undermine the Second Amendment through the regulation of bullets.

Apparently this was an OK Corral too far. Or, more likely, a trial balloon to see how much excitement they could generate. These little despots will not stop until we make it clear that we will not tolerate their tyranny.

Click here to read the full article. It's worth the time. Here's the bottom line:
This time, however, the EPA did not make its decision on the merits of the argument. The agency instead agreed with an Aug. 20 filing from the National Rifle Association that explained how Congress had specifically excluded ammunition from the Toxic Substances Control Act which governs potentially harmful materials such as lead. This failed attempt to harass law-abiding gun owners using an unelected bureaucracy underscores the importance of perpetual vigilance in preserving the most important of constitutional rights.

*****
Here we go again. The EPA is trying to deem lead in bullets and fishing gear to be an environmental hazard.

The National Shooting Sports Federation blog has links to leave a comment on the EPA site and to contact your Senators and Rep.

For a comment, I'd suggest something along the lines of: What's your view on the toxicity of pitchforks and torches? Or, Are tar and feathers biodegradable?

And if you need a little inspiration, heeerrrreee's Ronnie

3 comments:

mushroom said...

Along these lines, while I'm thinking about it, I've finished the basic series on the Prudence blog. Feel free to check out my thoughts on possible preparations. If I seem vague, it is somewhat deliberate since I do not think people who live in the 'burbs can prepare the way people in the more rural areas can. For the folks in more urban areas -- and I mean this in all sincerity, I will pray for you.

robinstarfish said...

I knew there was a reason I've kept my reloading gear stashed in the back of a closet all these years.

Eli's coming.

Rick said...

I don't have any bullets, but I can scare up some garlic and wooden stakes pretty quickly. I mean, it would be my pleasure.