Perhaps it may turn out a sang,
Perhaps turn out a sermon.

-- R. Burns Epistle to a Young Friend

Monday, May 10, 2010

Low Volume

The spirit of a man will sustain him in sickness,
But who can bear a broken spirit? --Proverbs 18:14


It doesn't look like I'll have much time to post or comment this week. When I do have some time, I'll probably be reading Francis Parkman's Montcalm and Wolfe. I started it over the weekend and took a break to watch The Last of the Mohicans. "Find yourself a musket."

A good read at First Things comparing Flannery O'Connor and Walker Percy on the 20th anniversary of Percy's death.

3 comments:

robinstarfish said...

Have musket, will travel.

Mizz E said...

Parkman and Hawkeye and Percy and O'Connor all in one short post? I'm so blessed!

mushroom said...

From the did-you-even-think-about-it-before-you-wrote-it file:


Surprising Hole in Space Discovered


No kidding. That's the headline.


What's next? "Surprising Wet Spot in Water Discovered"