Perhaps it may turn out a sang,
Perhaps turn out a sermon.

-- R. Burns Epistle to a Young Friend

Thursday, February 4, 2010

I'm Not Making Fun of a Tragedy

KY3.com BATTLEFIELD, Mo.--A car crash on Farm Road 115 has claimed the life of a Springfield man.

The Missouri Highway Patrol says Luckey Schellack's car ran off the road and rolled several times Wednesday. Schellack was thrown from the car and pronounced dead at the scene. He was 58 years old.

Prayers for Mr. Schellack's family. Fifty-eight is far too young to die.

I'm simply impressed that someone is named Luckey, let alone Luckey Schellack, and that, in all likelihood, the first time most of us have heard anything about him is a result of his unlucky demise.

6 comments:

mushroom said...

The latest Hello Kitty accessory indicates it is just a bizarre day.

robinstarfish said...

I'm going back to bed.

Rick said...

A chain saw a tree-hugger could love?

Rick said...

When you really need to say HELLO!

Plus, Walt may say "this place is educational!"

(I like to get my predictions in early.)

wv: torybrig Never! or..Neither!

Rick said...

I would like a Hello Kitty wall safe. Always wanted a wall safe.
To put all my Hello Kitty stuff in it, of course.

USS Ben USN (Ret) said...

That is weird.

Say, why ain't there a "hello raccoon?" That's what I wonder. The idea sells itself.