Perhaps it may turn out a sang,
Perhaps turn out a sermon.

-- R. Burns Epistle to a Young Friend

Friday, July 24, 2009

Hard Stop

I mentioned in a comment a couple of days ago that I am always at work and don't get on the internet at all when I'm not. My wife has a DSL connection, which is what I'm using now. She's not really good about sharing.

My company has decided to block all blog sites. This is certainly their right, and I will respect their decision by not trying to find a way around the firewall. I can still access news, and sometimes blogs are news, but it's not my connection.

So, friends, this means I will be visiting your sites much, much less frequently and probably not posting here at all, or only on special occasions unless my wife decides to share her logon with me.

It has certainly been enlightening and a pleasure sharing and hearing.

Those of you who have my email, keep me on your list and keep in touch.

May the grace and peace of our Lord Jesus Christ be with you all.

5 comments:

walt said...

Well, do what you can; often, all we can do is navigate.

Your posts have always educated me, and I need a lot of education. Explain the "crying need" for my edification to your wife, and perhaps something good will come our ways.

mary said...

I agree with Walt. I hope your wife can share because I too gain needed sustenance from your postings.

Rick said...

Well…I don’t like this one bit.
Maybe…you are making a decision about a large thing when you are exhausted. Maybe not. I heard that caution given once and check for it often. I still think its good advice. I remember your comment about all the work you’ve been doing, and the frustration. I’ve been having a difficult time with this too. I’ve never had this hard a time with dealing with it all. Million little things gone wrong. There is a reason for it, I’m certain of that. I think it has to do with knowing what our new standards are ever becoming, which have been shown to us, that they are ours now, and what we are supposed to do about them. It’s a difficult assignment. But they are only new to us, not new themselves.
Maybe there is another alternative to stopping this wonderful thing you’ve made here, Mushroom. Wonderful as the previous post which I haven’t been able to respond to yet for similar reasons you give in this new post.
I’ll email you.
Rick

Rick said...

I was smiling when I said the first line.

Rita Loca said...

Do visit when you can!