Perhaps it may turn out a sang,
Perhaps turn out a sermon.

-- R. Burns Epistle to a Young Friend

Tuesday, January 8, 2013

How Shall We Then Live?

As a prodigal I humbly ask that God would grant me the strength and courage to faithfully endure the chastisement we have brought upon ourselves. More importantly, when blood martyrdom begins in this country, I pray that God will help me to die well, if it comes to that. -- Rick, commenting on "When the Man Comes Around" via vanderleun's Sunday Sermon.

What more can be said?  What more need be said?

8 comments:

julie said...

Yes, just so.

I'm not afraid of dying. Rather, I'm afraid of failing to live as I ought; of being the prodigal, and failing to return...

Covnitkepr1 said...

Great post...wish the entire world could read it. Christians need to be prepared to face that very situation someday.

mushroom said...

Yes, Rick nailed it.

John Lien said...

Good one Rick! Funny, I just heard "When the Man Comes Around" for the first time last night on another one of my $5 Walmart CD finds.

mushroom said...

It's been on my MP3 player for quite a while.

I'm very ambivalent about Cash. I remember his "man in black" '60s stuff and his television show. I knew "Folsom Prison Blues" by heart when everybody else was listening to the Beatles. He was really a jackass for a long time, though.

I think he knew it

Anti Money Laundering said...

Everyone will die, what's important is that how well we live in this world being a good Christian.

Rick said...

It wasn't this "Rick". But I'll try to live up to it.

mushroom said...

I didn't know. It sounds so much like something you would say.

Must be the name.